So you want to get fit and healthy the cool way? There are so many ways that you can start getting your fitness into the right gear, but not all of them are fun. If you really want to start enjoying the thrill that exercise and fitness has to offer, then extreme sports may just be your best bet. Whether you are looking for the best fitness break of the year, a continuous accumulation of strength, or just a bit of a thrilling adventure, we have compiled some of the coolest sports that will make you fit. Not only will you be the envy of your friends, but you will also be getting fit and strong too!
This is one of the coolest extreme sports around, and one that will certainly get your heart pumping and your blood flowing! Snowboarding is a sport undertaken by many. From yearly trips to the French alps to local snowboarding slopes, this is definitely an accessible sport. There are a few things to consider before heading off on a snowboarding adventure, so take a look at a few of our tips below:
- Taking the right equipment: This is probably one of the most important aspects of heading out on your snowboarding adventures! Make sure that you have all of the right tools! You may not want to invest in an expensive snowboard just yet, and many places will hire them out to you. Either way, make sure that you are aware of what it is that you will need, and make sure that you have it with you too!
- Clothing: Snowboarding requires a lot of different types of clothing. Make sure that you get the relevant boots, hats, gloves, insulated trousers, coats and goggles. You can pick up a lot of stylish snowboarding goods with a Quiksilver discount code, so it doesn’t have to be an expensive process!
- Get fit before you go: Snowboarding really does take it out of you. It is one of the hardest sports to master, but there are ways that you can prepare before even hitting the slopes. Try doing some balancing exercises and physical workouts before your go to start building up muscle!
Are you bored of the same old morning run? Well parkour may be for you! This extreme sport is somewhat of an urban phenomenon and can be seen in the world’s greatest metropoles! And it is certainly a cool sport to undergo! Parkour is the process of jumping, leaping and running around the concrete jungle in an agile and animalistic way. Take a look at some of the things that you should consider before embarking on your next parkour adventure:
- Safety: Parkour can be a little dangerous, especially when considering that it can involve doing rolly pollys over concrete structures and jumping from high places. When beginning in parkour, it is important that you wear shin, knee and elbow pads as well as a helmet!
- Train for it: Parkour really does take a lot of training and a lot of physical strength. Make sure that you work on strengthening your fitness before you start doing parkour. You will find it a lot easier this way!
If you are bored of the same old cycle to work every day then it is definitely worth considering mountain biking. This is a super fun, cool and active sport. Not only will you be physically using your body, but you will also have the opportunity to strategize each dip and jump too. To experience the greatest thrill, however, don’t forget to gear up with a mountain helmet with mips, biking gloves, and protective clothing. This bit of preparation will keep you safe in case of falls or accidents, which means you will have heightened confidence to ride through all the unchartered and bumpy roads. That being said, let’s take a look at other things that you need to consider before going mountain biking:
- Destination: Make sure that you consider where it is that you want to go mountain biking. Many terrains require different levels of expertise. Start off small, and then work your way up to the more extreme biking options!
- Get the right bike: You can’t really go mountain biking with any old bicycle. You need to ensure that you have a durable and professional bike. The bike will need to have good suspension and wider tyres to make the jumps and the terrain easier to manage.
- Be prepared to get muddy: Mountain biking is not a clean sport. Make sure that you don’t wear your favourite clothing when you go! You can pick up some specialist activewear and biking goods at great prices from My Favourite Voucher Codes!
Kite Surfers are well renowned for not only being the coolest dudes around but also for being super fit as well! This is a really great way to not only exercise and build muscle but also to have some fun and socialize too! Imagine being among the water and catching a wave for the very first time. It really is a feeling like no other. But once again, there are a few things that you need to consider before you head out to catch those waves!
- Wetsuits: Make sure that you invest in a nice and thick wetsuit. This is especially important if you are heading out to the British coastline as the waters can be very chilly indeed! Wetsuits are a great way to both insulate you and protect you from any debris that may be in the water.
- Learning the right moves: Kitesurfing may have the steepest learning curves among any other watersports. Though on the surface level, it may appear to be easy to coordinate the movements of your eyes, hands, legs, and brain all at once to do a trick like the Switch, in actuality, it may be more difficult than you think. You need to have core strength, and a good understanding of balance, stability, and coordination to hone your skills. As a beginner, these may sound to be quite overwhelming, which is why an expert from Kitecontrol or a similar kitesurfing school could help you out. Instructors have vast knowledge and experience in this field and seeking them for learning more about this sport could bear fruitful results in the form of mastering the Backroll, the Handslide, and the Jibe.
If you are sick of the same old exercise routine and are ready for something a bit different and new then any of these sports will successfully revitalise your health habits! Make sure that you consider snowboarding, parkour, kitesurfing, and mountain biking on your mission to find a new sport. Not only will you be getting more fit and healthy, but you will also be having fun too!